Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fire or Water?

When hydrogen and oxygen meet depending on the environment they meet in; it can either create water or fire. If hydrogen and oxygen meet and there is a spark it causes a fire or an explosion and all the energy is lost in that second... whereas if hydrogen and oxygen meet and there is not a spark it creates water, a much stable and sustainable molecule.

Much like yoga... I tend to love fire and heat in my relationships. However, I am recognizing in my practice I build into that heat by warming my body through sun salutations. Allowing both my mind and body to get on board with the spirit.

In my relationships I tend to think if there isn't this explosion or spark that I'm in the wrong relationship. That the guy doesn't like me enough or I don't like him enough. However, that type of relationship dies so quickly. Or at least it has in the past. I have started dating an artist. He is extremely funny, handsome, mature, athletic, smart, and very talented. We have been dating on and off for about a month. (Yes he overlapped with Pony). But after each date it would always go at least a few days if not a week without any contact from him. I took this for disinterest on his part. However, now I am not so sure.

Things are starting to heat up after a slow build. He is coming over on Thursday and that will be our third date in one week. I am making him creme brulee and the irony isn't lost on me. Creme brulee has a cool consistency and then using a hot flame the top is heated just enough. It is not too far from our relationship. We are cool but consistent and there is just enough heat for interest to remain.

However, my doubts remain. I think most of us crave hot and heavy. That feeling of being wanted and needed but is it sustainable? Water is a powerful force. It can be much more powerful than fire. In addition, water is fluid it moves. Maybe it is me that needs to be a little more fluid. My expectations could be too high and I am not sure that I should make assumptions based on the amount of time he wants to spend with me or the amount of phone calls I get.

I could question this all night instead I am going to follow this proverb, "Don't empty the water jar until the rain falls."

I hope it doesn't rain.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great post my little yoga bunny. You are a catch. If I weren't in love with a man I would totally date you! Especially if you made me fancy desserts and waxed poetic.
    You are a smarty. Gorgeous, talented, a good cook, very bendy, and smart! That Rain King should really step it up a notch before someone else comes along and snaps you up.

    ReplyDelete