Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not so Mr. Magnificent

Well, it seems I already cheated on myself. I had a free night because my daughter spent the night with my mom and so Mr. Magnificent called and wanted to go to a fancy dinner. I offered yoga and a more local restaurant. He agreed.

Talking to Mr. Magnificent on the phone is great but when I see him I just can't get into him. I notice that he keeps his finger nails on his right hand long because he plays classical guitar, I notice that one of his eyebrow hairs is way too long, and I notice that his bottom lip seems cracked and dry. I feel awful saying this because it all seems so superficial. Did the pictures of himself online set us up for failure? I have to admit I was expecting far more than I got.
However, I am convinced that it has more to do with his personality. During dinner he looks across the table half hour into a story that I could barely follow.

"Are you ok? Your eyes look big and are getting glazed over."

Me, "Oh really. I guess I'm just tired." Bored to tears isn't just an expression. Imagine that. The sad part is it took him half an hour to realize this. He was too busy talking about how great he is blah blah blah.

So what did I learn from this date? Cheating on myself was not worth it.


1 comment:

  1. Let's move on to the next one, shall we?
    Love you so much. xo

    ReplyDelete