Friday, January 1, 2010

Lunching with losers

I like losers. There I said it. Ahhh I feel so much better now. I like losers. God help me - I really like losers.

I am hoping to change this behavior in the new year. Last week I had a few teary conversations with my mom discussing feeling lonely over the holidays and so my mom and I sat down and went through the online selection.

She found a guy that we both could agree on. Cute. Check. Smart. Check. Financially stable. Check. I started to talk to Mr. Magnificent on the phone and I was hooked. He was brilliant, witty, quick, and deep. We have gone out three times and I the only thing I am sure of is that I am unsure about him.

Mom has tried to use reverse psychology on me "He's obviously too smart for you and will probably become disinterested soon." Even her verbal challenge didn't push me into his open arms. Don't get me wrong Mr. Magnificent might be all wrong or he might be all right.

So this frog is going to be put through a new series of challenges. I am going to take things really slow. I mean super slow. A set of rules I am hoping will protect me until his true colors come out or I can lose my loser tendencies.

I really hope that the good guy wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment