Monday, January 11, 2010

When down, look up

"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you."

I went to NYC to do some yoga with my favorite yoga teacher and kirtan band. It happened to coincide with my birthday. It felt like the perfect getaway at just the right time.

I have been bored to tears lately with my love life. Going to New York made me fall in love with myself and my yoga practice that I haven't felt for so long.

It brought me back to a place where I felt renewed, happy, and truly content. At the end of every practice I felt worked. Worked spiritually and physically.

I came home and was a little disappointed. I knew that I spoiled myself with 4 hours of yoga a day without worrying about where or what I was going to do with my little love. It is hard to make time for myself at home. Whether for dates, friends, or more importantly myself. This trip made me realize how truly essential it is to sit and be still and be happy with ourselves.

So as I sat at my kitchen table waiting for my daughter to get dropped back home I felt a sense of sadness, I felt a little down. I looked up at the beautiful new light my parents had installed for me and felt lighter already.

It reminded me when down to look up that's the only place to find light.




No comments:

Post a Comment