Saturday, December 5, 2009

"It's complicated"

Taking his relationship status from facebook "it's complicated" sums it all up.

Let me just take a moment and an entire blog post to make fun of myself.

God knows that when I dated a man with a hairy back -- the first guy I dated after my separation -- my friends wondered what in the hell I saw in him. Then there came the man who could have sold me beach front property in Kansas - I even stayed with him for a month after I found out he had a secret love child with his ex-wife's nanny. Yup you heard me right. Then came summer breeze and Lord knows from his nipple rings to his red vespa and his reputation for being a player that should have been enough for me to hang up the phone when he called for his first date. But each one of these men played a part into teaching me valid life lessons.

Ok so now there is my new boyfriend. I have been dating him for a month. He has two biological children, 3 step-children, 2 dogs, and 3 cats and he lives in West Virginia. I have several friends literally say "this is all bad news". Have I stopped dating him? nope. Do I want to stop dating him? Nope. Is there something wrong with me? More than likely.

Do I like the "it's complicated"? Do I like drama? Do I like unavailable men who I can make available? Is this a common theme just for me? I mean we all know we have heard about the chase and the man who comes in with the white horse, maybe I am the type who wants to tame stray animals.

"Before you try to change others, remember how hard it is to change yourself."

Someone help!




1 comment:

  1. I have tried to help! You don't listen to me!!! I love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete