Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still believe in Santa Claus

Maybe I still want to be that kid at heart.... the one that can still believe.

I think there is a place in all of us that wants to live in a world of make believe. A place where Santa Claus does exist. A place where there are always happy endings... a place where my prince charming does exist.

These beliefs leave me very vulnerable indeed though. I met a man a little over three weeks ago. He was kind and sweet and very, very handsome. He had almost everything I was looking for - or did he? I think on some level the little girl in me wanted to believe. Wanted to believe every word he said.

Every time he gave me reason to take pause he had some excuse and I believed. Why was he always checking his phone? Work of course. Why was he hiding me from his friends? It would upset he ex.

The truth is I don't know what the truth is... but if the relationship stops feeling like a fairy tale maybe it never was.


No comments:

Post a Comment