Sunday, October 25, 2009

Something in the air

Definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results"

How many times have I sat on the phone complaining about a frog - listening to a friend tell me that I can do better blah blah. As much as I pretend I don't care I do care. Why??!!!

It all comes back to the fact I am expecting different results. Someone once said to me the way things begin are usually the way they end. If a man is off to bad start most likely he won't improve. Why must we try to excuse away bad behavior or even worse accept it?

Men is it really that hard to figure out common decency when it comes to dating? More importantly do you think that if you actually tell us the truth we can't handle it? I am talking about communication here.

I am a communicator by nature. If I had something to say to my wasband I wasn't afraid of what it would look like if I picked up the phone, but nowadays - a text is just enough. Rules of who texted last, was it open ended and looking for a response? All of these rules are frustrating and tiresome. I am losing interest and patience and so are my fellow single ladies.

One girlfriend had tentative plans and the frog never responded to text. A simple "Not going to make it out" would have pleased her and more importantly no disappointment or explanation needed.

I received a text from Mr. Toots last night verbatim "Now I'm pigging out on Mexican food, needed calories!" Not sure why I needed the play by play of his evening nor do I know why he needed the exclamation point but what I do see is that he is eating mexican food.

What I should have responded with "R u sure that is a good choice given ur issues?"


Unfortunately I did not have the courage to hit send.


No comments:

Post a Comment